- Place chickpeas in a food processor; puree to a thick paste.
- Place onion, parsley, and garlic in the food processor; puree with chickpeas until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk egg, cumin, coriander, salt, baking powder, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture and 1 tablespoon olive oil into chickpea mixture until well mixed.
- Slowly stir bread crumbs into chickpea mixture until it holds together but is not sticky. Adjust with more or less bread crumbs as needed.
- Form mixture into balls and flatten into small patties.
- Pour olive oil to 1 inch deep in a large cast iron skillet; place over medium-high heat.
- Fry patties in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side( for large capacity, frying machine is necessary).